Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day #3- Put your purse on a diet

What a mess!

When thinking about my areas of my life that get the most cluttered, my purse is near the top of the list. Whenever I need to take something to work, I throw it in my purse. When I receive a receipt, I throw it in my purse. When I get a new lip gloss, I throw it in my purse. My record for most lip glosses in my purse at one time is 8. It is embarrassing to be in the checkout line and not be able to find my checkbook because there is too much stuff in my purse.

Purse Organization Plan... also known as my POP :)
1) Envelope for receipts so they are not scattered all over my purse and I can file them when I get home from shopping.
2) Put change in my wallet in order to limit the amount that I carry around
3) Have designated pockets for specific items so that they are easy to find.
4) Be a purse minimalist-- no more than 10 items!


Current Purse Weight- 4 lbs 11 oz.
Purse Inventory:
20 crinkled reciepts
10 Culver's coupons
9 chocolate turtles
5 earrings-- one lost its mate
4 hair rubber bands
3 lip glosses
3 ticket stubs
2 hair clips
2 blank Thank You cards
2 granola bars
2 checkbooks
1 pair of earphones
1 pearl necklace/bracelet
1 Ipod cord
1 Large brush
1 set of keys
1 cell phone
1 wallet
$3.21 worth of change

New Purse Weight- 2 lbs 10 ounces

New Inventory:

Bag for receipts, wallet, cell phone, keys, lip gloss, pen, checkbook, a few hair accessories contained in one pocket.

I lost 2 purse pounds. Now if dieting could be this easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment