Monday, February 1, 2010

Why I have decided to unclutter in 28...

2010... time for New Years resolutions...blah, blah, blah. Know what my two goals are every year? Exercising and getting organized. So far exercising is going well. I mean, give it another week or two until I am burnt out but it is February, aka National Chocolate month, after all so dieting goes out the window. Why does getting organized seem so overwhelming and why do I seem to fail each year? (Also, why is it that if you do fail, you find that the best solution is to wait until the following January to try again.) Failing generally comes down to not having a plan. I love looking at Better Homes and Gardens, Real Simple, Pottery Barn magazines, etc. but getting my house to look like that seems like it is miles away. Because I am not willing to spend lots of money on new furniture and organizing systems to get this look, does this mean I can never reach my goal? Maybe I need to set a more realistic goal. Here it is...drum roll please... I want life to be simple... I want my living spaces to be clean... and I want to be reenergized.

How am I going to get there? For the next 28 days, I will implement one organizing element or tip into my life each day and post my results. So why 28 days beginning in February?
1) It look me a month to get motivated to start my New Years Resolution.
2) February is cold and boring... so why not spend my time inside now so that I can be outside when the weather is nice?
3) I am have been wanting to join the blogging world for awhile and I don't have kids to dote over so organizing is a good excuse.
4) Just to prove that it is possible to begin organizing in a month other than January.
5) February has 28 days and 28 days is two less days than any other month and therefore less work. See... my procrastinating has paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment